Origins Premier Box League
New! In an ongoing effort to always push the limits we are going back to the classroom! Our box officials and coaches will now be coached by current and former NLL coaches and officials via weekly, in season, video training. With some in person training as well. This extra knowledge will then be shared with our players. The NLL is the professional box league that the best in the world play in.
Our commitment to growing the game will never stop!
2021 Summer Box
Days - Divisions - Times - Cost
Each division will be capped at 40 players to ensure a quality experience. Exact times will be sent out 1 week prior to the start date. Younger ages will play earlier. 75 min blocks for each group.
Mondays / 8 weeks / June 7, 14, 21, 28 July 12, 19, 26 August 2
- Youth Levels - Includes Coaching Junior (High School) - $135
- Adult Levels - Games Only Senior A/B (Adults 18+) - $105
Format: 8 weeks of real box lacrosse. 30 min of box training and stick skills followed by faced paced, fun, well coached & officiated box games using modified NLL Rules. New for this season is our staff will also be trained by NLL experienced officials and coaches so that we can bring that pro level knowledge back to you! Adult division will be just games. See rules tab for more.
Gear: It is recommended that all players have proper box gear that includes Rib and Bicep pads along with your field gear. Professional goalie gear will be provided by the league.
Includes a reversible pinnie for new members. Replacement pinnies are $20.00.
5 weeks of Real Box with Training & Games!
Each session will consist of approximately 20-30 min of box training and stick skills followed by 40 min of well coached & officiated box games.
- Location: 5301 East St Clair Street, Indianapolis, IN 46219
- New Times High School Tuesdays: 7:00-8:30 pm - August September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 October 6, 13, 20
- 7-8 Grade Thursdays: 6-7:30 pm - September 3,10, 17, 24 October 1, 8, 15, 22
- Times subject to change based on registrations.
- Cost: $160 / $140 before 8/28
Includes a Reversible Pinnie if you are new to box. Replacement Pinnies can be purchased for $20.00
2020/21 Youth Winter BOX
9 Weeks of Real Box with Training & Games following World Lacrosse rules. Each session will consist of 30 min of box training and stick skills and 45 min of well coached & officiated box games.
Divisions: Boys 7-8 (Bantam) Grade & High School (Junior) Each session will be capped at 30 players.
Updated Times: 7 to 9:00 pm.
Tuesdays (HS Boys) - December 8, 15 January 12, 19, 26 Feb 2, 9, 16, 23
Gear: All players should have proper box gear. Rib and Bicep pads. Goalie gear will be provided by the league.
* Origins LC reserves the right to adjust the league based on registration numbers.
Includes a reversible pinnie for new players. Replacement pinnies are $20.00.
Cost: $165 per player - A $20.00 late fee will be added if registering on or after 12/1.
We will follow all state and local Covid-19 guidelines and may have to adjust the league format if necessary.
Premier Box League Highlights
- Real Box taught by the most established and respected organization in the state!
- Experienced Box Coaches and Officials trained by current and former NLL officials and coaches.
- Sign up’s are done individually or as a small group.
- Have a full team? Please contact us.
- Sport court surface. Only wear basketball style shoes.
- Youth Format will be approximately 30 min of real box training followed by an exciting box game. During the game all players will have an experienced coach teaching the nuances of the box game.
- Adult are games only.
- Selected games to be recorded and available on our YouTube channel for the public or player highlight videos.
- Great Barn to play in, even the Canadians are jealous!
- Authentic Box Lacrosse Experience.
- Professional Goalie Gear Is Provided to those that need it. (Cat 3 for HS and Cat2 or 3 for Middle School) .
- 30 Second Shot Clocks.
Premier Box League Format & Rules
Updated 3/25/2021 1:26 pm est.
NLL rules with a few modifications.
Shot clock is 30 seconds, clearing time is 10 seconds.
Wooden sticks and large goalie sticks or walls are NOT allowed. Exclusions for our Tendy from Moosejaw since he cannot go back home.
Goals will be 4′ by 4’6″
Maximum number of players on a team is 20, including goalies. A player can only play for one team.
Time-served penalty releases: In the case that a penalty which impacts the manpower on the floor expires during a dead-ball situation, due to the running clock, the player may not exit the penalty box until live play is whistled in.
Fighting is not permitted at any time. All fighting will result in a major penalty, a game misconduct and immediate expulsion from the game and possible league expulsion.
Premier Box League Time Scenarios
- Adult Playing Time:
2 teams: 3 × 20 minutes running time periods.
4+ teams: 3 × 15 minutes running time periods.
- Youth Playing Time:
2 teams: 2 × 20 minutes running time periods.
4+ teams: 3 × 12 minutes running time periods.
Time-outs: each team shall be allowed a maximum of one 30 second time-out per game. Championship game, two 30 second time-outs per game. There are no timeouts in overtime.
In the event of a tie score at the end of regulation, one 5 minute sudden victory period will be played. Sudden victory, no timeouts (timeouts do not carry over from regulation). After that will be a 3 man shootout.
- All times may be further adjusted at the discretion of the league.
* A $20.00 late fee will be added if registering less than 20 days of the start date.
* We will follow all state and local Covid-19 guidelines and may have to adjust the league based on public safety.
* Origins LC reserves the right to adjust or make changes to the league at their discretion.